Xero (dry in Greek, zero in Venetian) is the perfect name for this sparkling wine with zero residual sugar.
A blunt and direct Prosecco; its upfront nature doesn’t try to hide what it is.
To compensate for the lack of sugar, the grapes are harvested late, with longer sur lie aging at higher temperatures; this process contributes to greater complexity and fullness in the mouth.
- Greenish yellow, crystal clear with elegant bubbles.
- Rich and intense aromas on the nose, with a distinct hint of golden apple. Elegant and delicate floral fragrances with hints of wisteria and white rose.
- On the palate the freshness is intertwined with hints of smoothness and perfectly balanced savoury notes. The harmony in every sip leaves a pleasant mineral sensation and bitterness in the mouth.
- Area of Origin: Maser, hill
- Variety: Glera
- Yield (kg per ha): 13,500
- Harvest Type: Manual
- Harvest Time: Late September
- Vinification: In steel at a controlled temperature and after a short skin contact maceration in press
- Second Fermentation: 60 days in autoclave with sur lie aging at 5 degrees
- Alcohol: 11.5% vol.
- Residual Sugar: 0 g/l
- Total Acidity: 5.8 g/l
- Pressure: 5 Bar
- Serving temperature: 8-10°C
- Bottle: 75 cl Spumante Piave.